Neurosciences at Swedish Medical Center, Denver, Colorado
The Right Choice for Comprehensive Treatment of Neurological Diseases and Disorders
Latest News: Swedish announces a $50 million Neurosciences Hospital expansion.Learn more about the Expansion Plans
Swedish Medical Center ranks among the nation's top neuroscience programs, and was designated as a Neuroscience Center of Excellence (COE).*
A leader in the field of neurology and neurosciences and the treatment of stroke, Swedish combines state-of-the-art technology with an outstanding team of staff and physicians who have extensive experience and expertise in treating nearly all forms of neurological disease. Our proven excellence in neurosciences has made Swedish the Rocky Mountain region's referral center for neurotrauma — and the first hospital in Colorado to be four-times certified as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
Neurological Conditions We Treat
At Swedish, highly specialized neurosurgeons, neurologists and interventional neuroradiologists are available 24/7 to treat patients with neurological emergencies, such as:
- Acute hemorrhagic or ischemic stroke
- Aneurysms and vascular disease
- Brain and spinal cord tumors
- Neurotrauma/Brain and spinal cord injury
- Skull Base Tumors
Comprehensive & Integrated Neurosciences Program
- 25 neuro-related clinical studies
- CO-DOC Stroke telemedicineservices
- Critical care- and neurosciences-certified nurses and nurse practitioners
- Gamma Knife non-invasive procedures
- Interventional neuroradiologists who can provide around-the-clock services, including the latest treatments for stroke.
- Investments in technology, such as the O-Arm™ Imaging Resource, that help our surgeons continue to excel in the OR.
- Specialized palliative care services to relieve pain and other symptoms/stresses related to patients' illnesses or injuries.
At Swedish, we know that facing the diagnosis of a complicated neurological disorder can be overwhelming. We also know that the most effective treatment must not only address the illness, but the individual as well. As a result, you will find our approach centers on caring for you, as a person.
Colorado Neurological Institute (CNI)
By choosing Swedish, you also benefit from our close affiliation with the Colorado Neurological Institute(CNI). Founded as a nonprofit organization in 1988, and located on our campus in Englewood, CNI has created a unique system of collaboration that enables specialized teams of neuroscientists to blend their knowledge, skills and talents to provide the highest level of care for patients with nearly every neurological illness. Swedish's partnership with CNI allows it to continually excel in the areas of research, education and rehabilitation.
Swedish also maintains strong relationships with Craig Hospital, a world-renowned traumatic brain and spinal injury rehabilitation hospital; and Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital, Colorado's leading acute rehabilitation hospital for stroke rehab.
*According to the 2006 Neuroscience Center of Excellence Survey. The 2006 survey, the only one of its kind in the neurosciences, analyzed 150 neuroscience programs, across 41 states. Swedish exhibits excellence in: Clinical and Research Programs, Staff, Facilities and Technology and Business.