Labor, Delivery & Childbirth Recovery at Swedish Medical Center
There is a reason more new and experienced moms throughout metro Denver are saying "Take me to Swedish!" Our team of labor and delivery and postpartum nurses have more than 1,800 years of combined experience, and we have more than 100 women's health specialists, including perinatologists, obstetricians, midwives, and neonatologists to help make your pregnancy, labor, delivery and postpartum period as safe and special as possible!
Medical & Educational Resources for Childbirth
- Advanced Reproductive Medicine/Infertility Care
- Breastfeeding/Lactation Assistance
- High-Risk Pregnancy Care/Perinatal Resource Center
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Midwifery Services
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists
- OB/GYN anesthesiologists available 24/7
- Prenatal & Parenting Classes
Hospital Features for a Comfortable & Safe Childbirth Experience
- A warm and inviting, family-friendly labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum unit
- Family attendance at birth
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access
- Video messaging capabilities to connect with family members
- NICVIEW baby cameras offer 24 hour streaming access for families with a newborn in the NICU
- Flexible visiting hours
- Room service & VIP Amenities Menu for new moms!
- Breastfeeding Support Group offered weekly to support nursing moms once they leave the hospital (free)
- Sleeping accommodations provided for mom’s significant other
- Well Baby Nursery
- Personalized instruction for newborn baby care and breastfeeding with a complimentary instructional DVD for reference at home
Visit Swedish's Maternity Unit
Don't take our word for it! Check out Swedish for yourself with one of our free hospital tours for expecting families.
Pregnancy & Early Childhood Newsletter
As you prepare for childbirth and caring for your new baby, we want to touch base with you by email each week to make sure you have additional support on your journey into parenthood. We think this is the best way for us both to connect regularly.
This program is free, and includes customized information, news and resources tailored to your specific stage of pregnancy and/or your child's age. It also offers announcements from our staff and access to support information — all conveniently delivered right to you!