Labor, delivery and childbirth recovery at Swedish Medical Center
There is a reason more new and experienced moms throughout metro Denver are saying "Take me to Swedish!" Our team of labor and delivery and postpartum nurses have more than 1,800 years of combined experience, and we have more than 100 women's health specialists, including perinatologists, obstetricians, midwives, and neonatologists, available to help make your pregnancy, labor, delivery and postpartum period as safe and special as possible! You can even pre-register for your delivery at Swedish below.
Medical & educational resources for childbirth
- Advanced Reproductive Medicine/Infertility Care
- Breastfeeding/Lactation Assistance
- High-Risk Pregnancy Care/Perinatal Resource Center
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Midwifery Services
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists
- OB/GYN anesthesiologists available 24/7
- Prenatal & Parenting Classes
Hospital features for a comfortable and safe childbirth experience
Having a baby is exciting, but can also be overwhelming! Our goal is to give you the best childbirth experience possible by offering:
- A warm and inviting, family-friendly labor and delivery unit
- Family attendance at birth
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access
- Video messaging capabilities to connect with family members
- NICVIEW baby cameras offer 24-hour streaming access for families with a newborn in the NICU
- Flexible visiting hours
- Room service & VIP Amenities Menu for new moms!
- Breastfeeding Support Group offered weekly to support nursing moms once they leave the hospital (free)
- Sleeping accommodations provided for mom’s significant other
- A dedicated postpartum (recovery) unit with the option for baby to room-in with mom
- Well Baby Nursery
- Personalized instruction for newborn baby care and breastfeeding with a complimentary instructional DVD for reference at home
Visit Swedish's maternity unit
Don't take our word for it! Check out Swedish for yourself by taking one of our free maternity tours for expecting families.
Stay informed with our pregnancy and early childhood newsletter
As you prepare for childbirth and caring for your new baby, we want to touch base with you by email each week to make sure you have additional support on your journey into parenthood. We think this is the best way for us both to connect regularly.
This program is free, and includes customized information, news and resources tailored to your specific stage of pregnancy and/or your child's age. It also offers announcements from our staff and access to support information — all conveniently delivered right to you!
Pre-register for delivery
We recommend that maternity patients pre-register for their stay at our hospital. By completing our maternity pre-admission prior to your admission at Swedish, you will save time. Plus, it is one more thing you won't have to worry about when the big day comes!
Returning your pre-admission form
Once you have completed the form and you have made copies of your insurance card (both sides), you may either:
Fax your completed form to Swedish's ED Admissions Department at 303-788-8906.
Or, mail it to us at:
Swedish Medical Center
501 E Hampden Avenue
Englewood, CO 80113
Attn: ED Admissions Dept.
If you have any questions regarding your financial responsibility, please call Financial Services at Swedish Medical Center at 303-788-6852. If you are not insured, you may want to inquire about our self-pay discount plan and financial assistance programs.